Sunday, April 5, 2015

Play Date in the Garden

Hey guys, Wrennie here.

Today I had a play date with some new friends!
Come on Batman! Let's go!
I was really excited but also a little nervous. So of course I wore my lucky shirt and brought Batman!

We went to this place called Oaklawn Garden.
Isn't the sign super cool?

This is the first thing we saw:
There are lots of buildings on the property. That building is kind of a museum though they just got rid of a lot of stuff. There's still an old fire engine in there though. The orange thing with the bars next to it was the old jail and then next to that is the house!

We decided to come back to all that later and instead walked a little bit till we found a rail car and a caboose.
Anne, Zia and Me!
I guess I should introduce everyone now! These are my new friends Anne (she's the one wearing red) and Zia! We decided to set up a table and have a little Easter snack. Yum!

After that Zia and I decided to read a little bit on the steps.
It was surprisingly comfy!

Anne decided to go exploring for a bit while we read!
 After a while I decided to go find her.
Luckily she was pretty easy to find in her pretty red skirt!

We found these really pretty old graves.
They probably belong to the people who lived here and built the house but they were really hard to read so I'm not sure!

Zia wanted to read one more chapter in her book:
She's reading Anne of Green Gables!

While she did that I decided to go check out the caboose:

Hey guys! I'm waving to you!
Okay yeah, that was a little high up but still it was really neat to be up there!

There are about a billion trees!
  So of course I had to try a few out.
This one was my favorite. Check out that huge knot/hole! It collected some water so it was almost like a natural bird bath. Super cool!

After I got down Zia was ready to do some exploring too and we found this old sign:

It's kind of hard to read but it's from a school I think.
The first line says "County Board of Education"

Zia found an azalea bush:
But they're not blooming yet. We'll have to come back another time!

Did I mention there were lots of buildings?
 I found this one while I was climbing the trees, so I had to get a better look.

It had all sorts of cool signs and stuff in it:
 And I really liked the old door in the leaves!

Here was the old original power plant for the town:
You can still see the machinery and stuff.

It looked like it was going to rain soon so we quickly started heading back to the house. I wanted to check it out before we had to go!

On the way I found this teeny little door.
It's almost my size!

Finally here we are in front of the house! I don't know too much about it but I do know it's really old! Like it was built in 1854.
You can't go inside but you can go on the porch!

It's got lots of cool things. I really thought this door was neat:
It looks like is has wagon wheels or fans on it!

I got a picture of Anne peeking out behind the post:
She's really pretty :)

The porch also had all these cool lights:
I like them because they're all dusty and rusty :D

And then sadly it was time to go:
I got one more picture and then I had to say goodbye to my new buddies. But I had SO much fun! We're going to play together again sometime! Man what a good day. I hope everyone enjoys all the pictures!

Wrennie

Clothes
Wrennie: 
    Shirt: Batman shirt from The Beach Shack
    Pants: My Life As, Butterfly Tunic Set
    Shoes: Springfield Collection, Black and White Tennies

Anne: 
    Outfit: American Girl, Play Outfit

Zia:
    Outfit: American Girl, Samantha's Special Day Dress

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a ton of fun! Your friends seem really nice!

    -Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were! I had so much fun and I can't wait to go back! You'll have to come too sometime Callie!

      -Wrennie

      Delete
  2. We had fun! I'm glad you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zia is so pretty <3 That looks like it was a ton of fun! I hope Batman enjoyed himself, too?

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she?! I love her curls!

      Batman had fun, but he stayed in my backpack mostly so he didn't get lost! Next time I'll let him play more :)

      Delete