Sunday, April 26, 2015

Making Candy

Hey guys, Wrennie here!

My friend Kanani came over to play today and we decided to do something a little different. We went to the international market down the street and got some candy making kits! Today we're doing molded chocolates:

Here is the front of the box:
Of course everything is in another language so I have no idea what any of it says but I'm pretty sure the company is called Meiji? I really like the pictures on the box!

Here is everything in the box:
There is a mold, three kinds of chocolate (strawberry, vanilla and chocolate), a stick and candy sprinkles!

The mold is pretty neat:
There is a heart, a strawberry and then lots of cones. They all look like volcanoes to me. Can anyone read what they say?

And did I mention the candy sprinkles?
Mmmmmmmmmmm

Like I said up there everything on the box is in another language!
That includes the instructions. But that's okay there are lots of helpful pictures and how hard can it be?
I want to make that strawberry. And it looks like the stick is for stirring in the candy!

I didn't realize it at first but the chocolate was pretty solid. And that wasn't going to work. So Kanani said we should put them in some hot water:
 Pretty soon the chocolate was soft enough to squeeze out and we got to work:
We layered the different flavors and added sprinkles and then it was time to let them chill! We covered the mold with plastic wrap and put them in the fridge.

And then we had to wait........
We were a little impatient and we couldn't go outside (it's SO muddy!) so we decided to play some Sims to pass the time:

Finally our chocolates were hard enough to take out of the mold:
 Aren't they SO cute!?

My favorite is the strawberry:
While Kanani loved the heart! She did a really good job on it.

Here is a close up of some of them:
You can see the one I kind of messed up there. I didn't get the candy stirred in right but man it was still yummy!

We had a blast!
And they were pretty good! The strawberry flavor was Kanani's favorite. It was pretty tasty and it smelled really good but I liked the chocolate with the candy the best.....and the vanilla with the candy.....and the strawberry with the candy....I think I just really like that candy!  This was also really easy.

And that's about it for today! 
I hope you guys enjoyed reading about our first adventures in candy making. I bought a few more kits so if anyone would like to see more things like this let me know. It sure was another fun activity to do when you're stuck inside!

Wrennie

Clothes
Wrennie: 
       Outfit: Our Generation Hip To Be Square
       Shoes: Our Generation

Kanani:
       Outfit: AG Sweet Spring Dress

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a ton of fun! :) I would love to see more stuff like this!
    Kanani is so pretty :).

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had so much fun! We're totally going to do another one next time Kanani comes to play. I always love playing with her hair!

      -Wrennie

      Delete