Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Playing outside!

Hi everybody! Callie checking in!!

It's been raining for a long long time and there hasn't been a lot of opportunity to go outside. It's really hard when you're active like we are to have to stay cooped up indoors all the time, so I was really, really glad when it stopped raining enough for everything to dry up a little. We ran outside and went our separate ways right away!! A couple of my siblings are into archery so they did that, and my baby brother Merlin wanted to take pictures!


I just wanted to flip!


It was a lot of fun, but it turns out we weren't the only ones outside enjoying the rare sunshine! Our neighbors (who are also my friends!) were outside too!


My friend Marisol came over. She's a dancer and one of her dance classes is at the same time as one of my gymnastics classes so we see each other a fair bit. I haven't seen her in about a week though!


Merlin got her to wave! She's clearly either heading from class or to one shortly after we got done playing since she's dressed for it!


We sat down and started to catch up. She was telling me about this new book she's been reading on ballet. Ballet is her least favorite and most favorite class. It doesn't come naturally to her but she enjoys working hard at it. And I was telling her about a new floor routine that my coach is trying to choreograph for me (floor exercises aren't my favorite exercises!)


But all of the sudden, our friend Peyton joined us with gossip! We had a new girl move in just this month and we've been working really hard to make friends with her but she's been pretty quiet so far. She's a long way from home so we aren't upset that she's shy!


Peyton plopped down with us to fill us in on the comings and goings of our new neighbors and then! She said that Saila--that's the girl who's our age--was outside and she was coming over to play with us! Finally!!


Merlin said we were probably being a little scary but I don't think Saila thought so. We weren't trying to jump all over her, honest!


And she looked happy to see us! We're really glad she came to play.


We sat and talked for a long time about school and our different activities and stuff. We're all pretty different! Peyton is super into video games and Saila told us all about some things that she did back home and promised that she'd teach us some of it soon!

Then Merlin--have I mentioned Merlin is *super* smart??--he said that he was sorry to butt in on our talk but maybe we could take some pictures of the four of us to send to Saila's friends in Canada! We thought it was an awesome idea. Here are some of our favorites!



Merlin says he doesn't know what we were all looking at here but clearly it wasn't the camera!


I think this one might be our favorite. Merlin promised he'd print one for each of us as soon as we all picked a favorite... and then he got shy and ran away! But that's okay, it was time for dinner anyway and my friends all had to go home. Saila promised to come over again very soon though. I think that everyone being so interested in what she had to say about Canada helped a lot with her homesickness.

I hope you enjoyed meeting some of my friends! Til next time!

Callie

Clothes
Callie: 
     Shirt: OG Precious Cargo
     Shorts: AG Sparkly Camp Outfit
     Socks: OG Heart and Sole Set
     Shoes: AG Heelys

Marisol:
     Leotard: AG Isabelle's Rosette Leotard
     Wrap sweater and skirt: My Life As...
     Shoes: AG Talent Show Set

Peyton:
     Dress: AG Kailey's Meet Outfit
     Shoes: AG Purple Espadrilles

Saila:
     Overshirt: OG A Real Cool Cat
     Undershirt: AG Ruffled Hoodie Outfit
     Skirt: Springfield Collection
     Leggings: vintage (handmade!)
     Shoes: Maplelea Go With The Floe runners

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Saila sounds really cool. I wonder what Canada is like....

    Tell Merlin he did awesome on the picture taking!

    -Wrennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Wrennie you'll never believe it but Saila says where she used to live? There are **no trees** at all! She's never climbed one!!

      He says thank you! He's about fifteen shades of red now but I think he's pleased :D

      -Callie

      Delete
  2. You look gorgeous, Callie :) Looks like a ton of fun! I'm glad you made a new friend!

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellie! I'm glad too. I love making friends!

      -Callie

      Delete