Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Fun Times at Eufaula Lake!


Hi everybody! I get to introduce myself today, isn't that cool? I'm Penelope, but a lot of people just call me Penny. I'm Callie's younger sister. We have a brother between us (Finch goes between us!) I'm sure that by now you know that we're a family circus. Well, MY job in the circus is the magician and the tightrope/high wire walker. I take gymnastics with my siblings, too. Also, like my big sister and my cousins, I love Batman! And my best best BEST friend in the WHOLE world is my cousin Chloe who you'll meet officially soon, but you've seen pictures of her! 
*I love you too Pen :D -Chloe



On our family vacation, one of the cool things that we got to do was visit Arrowhead State Park, which is on Eufaula Lake. "Eufaula" is the name of a former tribe that's now a part the Muscogee Creek Nation. It's pronounced like You-Fall-Uh.  
-The Muscogee Creek Nation is a confederacy of other tribes which have all come together to make the big nation! Also if you're talking about the city in Oklahoma, it's with a K. Muskogee. But anything tribe-related is with a C, Muscogee. Isn't that neat? :) - Callie

Check out our adventure under the jump!!


I actually went for a swim right after this picture was taken! Mom and my sister and cousins were arranging something for the next picture and I just went right backward! Wrennie was like OMG PENNY and my mom said it was all daddy's fault that I can't hold still for very long and have to do things like swim in lakes when I'm not supposed to. 
Personally, I wasn't surprised :P - Callie
Me either! But that was a brand new dress! -Wrennie

 
We found this cool stack of rocks by the side of the lake and decided to take pictures with it. It's actually called a cairn and while we weren't sure if this one really meant anything, we didn't knock it over, just in case. I mean, we know that *big* cairns are sometimes built these days from mountains and destroy natural features, but sometimes they *do* mean something culturally important too.


There is a guy in Utah (I've never been to Utah) who likes to knock over cairns, but we like to leave things the way we found them. 
Why does he do that?! Seems jerky to me. -Wrennie


It makes for a pretty photo but that's about it. By the way, isn't my sister pretty? I think she's basically perfect. She's my best friend, after Chloe. 


I did dry off really quickly and we got to explore lots. Here are some things we found! 


Bones!
*EW!! -Chloe


LOTS of deer (this is only one of like a million sets of two deer)


And we checked out this really cool rock that was like a table with moss growing on it. Look at Wrennie, she's like hey! moss!!
It was really cool moss! I wanted to get a sample for our uncle to look at but I didn't have anything to put it in. -Wrennie


And shells! After that we all took turns taking pictures of each other. My little brother Merlin is really the photographer, but he was with my dad on these days. 

We didn't do too bad on our own! -Wrennie

*My GORGEOUS bff! -Chloe



And my mom took pictures of the four of us together. It was really the first day we got to spend together after Chloe and I got home from Aunt Aggie's, so we wanted to get lots of them. 




We got these as the sun was starting to set.

This is my favorite picture of my little sister!! - Callie

*Course I have a very pretty big sis too! -Chloe


And then we took pictures of sister sets and best friend sets. 

I think Chloe and I would both agree that Callie and Wrennie are the best big sisters ever. We think it's really cool that our big sisters are best friends too. 

And here's Chloe and me! We see each other every day! But we were still excited for the sleepover, because... well, who doesn't like week long sleepovers with their best friend?
*Best friends for life and beyond! -Chloe

Me and Callie! I think I was telling her a secret.

And Chloe and Wrennie!
Chloe about fell on my head. But we do look super cute :) -Wrennie




We had to stop taking pictures eventually because the sun was setting and we had to go home, but I think we would have stayed here for hours if we were allowed! There was lots of fun camping and stuff going on and even a full campground, like girl scout campground, so that would have been fun to check out too! They also do trail rides! 
Next time maybe we can go camping there! The boys would love it. -Wrennie



I hope you enjoyed this post, and you'll be hearing more from me soon!!


Lots of Love,

Penny

Outfits:
   Callie:
     Skirt: AG purchase.... I can't find a link anywhere?! But it's the bow skirt on the receipt
     Shoes: AG Lilac Dress
     Jewelry: long necklace: homemade, short necklace: OG Song Bird, Earrings: AG
  Wrennie:
    Shirt: AG Dallas Souvenir Shirt
    Skirt: My Life As
    Shoes: AG Saige's Sweater Outfit
    Jewelry: Earrings: AG, Necklace: a gift from Callie
  Penny:
    Dress and shoes: AG Flamingo Beach Dress
    Earrings: AG Stars and Hoops Earrings
  Chloe:
    Outfit and shoes: AG Recess Ready Outfit
    Earrings: AG

No comments:

Post a Comment