Thursday, June 4, 2015

Planting a Garden!

 Hey guys, Wrennie here!
 And as you can see I've got a LOT of plants to plant!
We're starting our summer garden now! I love having a garden all summer. All these plants are really fun to take care of and I really like eating all the fresh tomatoes and herbs!

In the front we have four baskets hanging off our porch like this:
This one is full of sweet basil. We use this mostly to make spaghetti sauce!

This basket is full of oregano and rosemary:
The oregano is for sauce and the rosemary we use for roasts and potatoes!

We have lemon thyme and dill in this one:
I'm not sure what we're going to use the thyme for but the dill is for salad dressing!

And the last one is full of garlic chives:
These chives grew back from last year. I don't remember what was on the other side but we decided that we just wanted a whole basket of yummy chives!

So we needed another plant and here it is:
It's so little!

Much better now:
Don't worry little plant, you'll grow big soon! Sometimes I just pick off a chive to eat when I'm outside. They taste SO good!

We have four cherry/grape tomato plants right now.
 
The one in the black pot is a Husky Cherry Red tomato plant, and the one in the green pot is a Yellow Cherry tomato plant!

This plant with the dark leaves is an Indigo Rose tomato plant. We've never had one of those before!
And the last one here, with the yellow flowers is called a Tami G grape tomato plant.

All of them are pretty healthy right now I think!
The husky plant has flowers too.

And my indigo rose plant already has some little baby tomatoes!
I can't wait to see what they taste like.

We have some herbs in the back too. This one is my lavender plant:
It doesn't look like much yet but it smells awesome and just wait till it gets flowers!

We have three kinds of mint this year. This one is peppermint:

We also have a chocolate mint and this:
Is a spearmint plant! We have two. We want our mint to take over this whole flower bed! On the wood thing behind me we're going to put some vining flowers so you can't see our hose....or that bucket! Whoops, I guess I need to go put that up. Before we plant the flowers though, we have to finish putting bricks around the flowerbed so the mint doesn't try to kill them. I guess mint likes to take everything over and we're going to have to watch it!

I found a little wormy friend while I was digging:
My sister Chloe was NOT happy! But I think its super cute.

Right here is where my catnip is going to go:
But first we have to grow some!

We couldn't find any big plants of it anywhere so we had to buy some seeds:

They're going to grow in this pot:
Well I hope they grow anyway!

The back of the package has all sorts of info on it:
Did you know that catnip is a perennial? That means it comes back year after year! Not only do cats love it but bees do too and you can use it to make tea! It's a kind of mint.

These seeds sure are small:
 After I planted some I took my pot inside and gave them a good drink of water:
Keep your fingers crossed for me please :)

That's all of our plants for now! Oh! Did I mention we bought a new wind chime while we were out?
I think it looks like a jellyfish!

I hope you guys liked looking at all my plants! Maybe I'll do another post later in the summer after they all grow.
Say goodbye wormy friend! Don't worry, it got put back right where it was after this picture. Worms are a good thing to have in a garden. Bye for now!

Wrennie

Clothes
Wrennie: 
     Outfit: Our Generation Garden Variety Outfit
     Earrings: AG Fresh and Fun Earrings

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your catnip! :) And I want some of your tomatoes too! :P

    PS your boots look really cute on you!

    -Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cal! I really like those boots too! You know you get to come over and snack on tomatoes with me :D

      -Wrennie

      Delete
  2. The OG garden variety outfit is my favorite outfit they ever made. I neeeed thise polka dot overalls!
    Gardening is fun, but mostly I like wandering in the woods where I can see things growing and I don't have to take care of them.
    Rosemary, basil, and lavender are my favorite things to grow because they smell so nice.
    I didn't even know that chocolate mint was a thing! I need to get my hands on some.
    Digging up worms was my favorite thing to do on the playground in 4th grade. Sometime I would chace the squeamish people around with them on my finger. XD
    That windchime is like a jellyfish! Or like a rainbow that decided to roll itself up into individual balls. It's so colorful I just adore it.
    Wrennie is so pretty. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My sister is not a creepy crawly person but I had fun playing with the worms. Chocolate mint smells really good but I'm not sure what we're going to do with it yet! And are those overalls adorable! I love them :)

      -Wrennie

      Delete