Friday, January 22, 2016

sister time aka MY DISASTER



Hey guys, it's Penny! I know that we are still in the middle of posts about cool things we do together, but I kind of realized... you don't know me all that well yet. Well, other than what I said, about gymnastics and high wire and magician. Which is cool! 

But the other night, well, I needed some sister time so I went straight to the best one! 


My sister Callie! She was doing homework and browsing on the internet in her room when I asked to come in. 


She said of course! And scooted over on her bed to make room for me. She even let me hold her Robin pillow, because she said I looked sad. And she's right, I was. 


Even Ringling stopped to pay attention! We're not usually very sad people. 


"It was really bad, Callie," I said. "In fact, this whole day stunk." I told her all about how I couldn't get my violin to tune at school, and how I forgot my math book and had to go back and it almost made me late for my wire practice and THEN, the worst part of all... I fell. I fell off my wire!! :(


Callie was really nice about it though. First she asked if I was hurt, which of course not. Then, she said that everybody falls sometimes... even she falls sometimes, and she's the oldest one! (Well, she doesn't do tightrope walking, but she does trapeze with our brother Finch, and she falls sometimes, I guess.) 


Callie was really the one who started our whole circus kick anyway, by accident, so hearing her say that made me feel a lot better right away. Our parents wanted to put her into a fun activity so she could hang out with other kids her age so they picked gymnastics. She really liked it,  and they really liked the teacher and the gym, so when Finch (and then me, and then Merlin...) were old enough, my parents say that we really wanted to play too so they let us. By the time I got there, Callie and Finch had heard from someone about flying trapeze, and after making sure it was safe, our dad let them start taking classes. And then we all followed along... and it's all acrobatics, of a sort... Merlin is a contortionist, you guys. 


And then Callie said something really off the wall!! She said that she bets at my age, Bird Millman fell too sometimes! But that didn't stop her from being a really really amazing high wire walker! 


Ringling was like what did you say?!?! 


She was all I SAID EVEN BIRD MILLMAN FELL SOMETIMES!! And then we started giggling. 


I felt a lot better after getting it off my chest, so I was glad to give my big sister a hug and tell her thanks for listening to me. Falling isn't something that happens to me a lot, but I'm not perfect and I am still young and learning. I think it's a good thing to remember...plus I should probably get all my falling out now, before I start walking between buildings and stuff which is a lot more dangerous. (I'm going to be famous one day, you'll see.) 

OH!! and one more thing, our brother Merlin, who's usually our photographer, got an instagram! It's here if you want to check it out! We're really proud!

Is anyone else super close to their siblings or is it just me?

Love,

Penny

Clothes
Callie: 
    Pajamas: AG Petals and Plaid
Penny:
     Pajamas: AG Lovely Leopard

2 comments: